Women of all ages should be aware of breast health know how to check themselves.
There are two types of breast examinations, a self- exam and clinical exam. Both can help identify any changes or abnormalities in your breasts.
A breast self-examination is a self-inspection of your breasts. Although there’s no recommended way to check your breast it’s recommended to do a breast self-examination once a month, this is a good way to get to know what’s normal for you.
At Ghosh Medical Group A clinical breast examination is a physical exam of your breast carried out by a healthcare professional Doctor or Nurse.
Book a Consultation
What to look out for during self-examination
If you notice any of the symptoms below whilst performing a self examination, book an appointment with Ghosh Medical for peace of mind.
- A firm lump
- Swelling around your breast, collarbone, or armpit
- Dry, red skin around your nipple
- Fluid leaking from your nipples
- Warmth or itching in your breasts
Breast health is one important part of Women's Health as a whole. Here at Ghosh Medical we provide a range of treatments and services dedicated to helping women of all ages prevent and overcome all kinds of conditions.
For advice on Menopause, Sexual Health, Family Planning, and more; Visit our women's health page.
Explore Women's Health
- A convenient and effective way for you to access private health care services when you need it.
- We can tailor your treatment to your needs
- A range of finance and payment options available
- We offer a friendly, trustworthy and above-all-else familiar service.