Ghosh Medical offer private in-clinic Strep A Rapid Antigen Testing in our Liverpool practice
What is a Strep A Rapid Antigen Test?
A Strep A Rapid Antigen Test is a rapid antigen detection test that is used to diagnose of bacterial pharyngitis caused by group A streptococci.
Why might I need a Strep A Rapid Antigen Test?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, we recommend booking a Strep A Test at our Liverpool clinic:
- flu-like symptoms, such as a high temperature, swollen glands, or severe muscle aches.
- sore throat (strep throat or tonsillitis)
- a rash that feels rough, like sandpaper (scarlet fever)
- scabs and sores (impetigo)
- pain and swelling (cellulitis)
- nausea and vomiting.
The Strep A Rapid Antigen Test involves a quick throat swab, which is then tested for group A streptococcus bacteria. The test results will come back within minutes, and will show whether Strep A bacteria is causing your illness. If you test positive for Strep A, your doctor can prescribe antibiotics to help treat your illness. Any medication, including antibiotics, prescribed from Ghosh Medical's Pharmacy will incur additional charges.
Book a Consultation
|Strep A Rapid Antigen Test||£29|
- A convenient and effective way for you to access private health care services when you need it.
- We can tailor your treatment to your needs
- A range of finance and payment options available
- We offer a friendly, trustworthy and above-all-else familiar service.