What do Audiologists do?
Audiologists diagnose and treat problems relating to the auditory system. You may think this relates to conditions like hearing loss, and whilst you would be correct, this is but one of many areas that audiologists deal with. As well as other kinds of hearing and balance disorders, they also provide solutions for various diseases, vertigo, vestibular migraines and more.
Ghosh medical is now working with Hypatia Dizziness & Balance Clinic at our Rodney Street location in Liverpool.
Book a Consultation
Hypatia Specialist Clinics
Hypatia Specialist Clinics provide the high-quality, personalized care you deserve. With their experienced team, innovative equipment and diagnostic pathways tailored to your symptoms/history, you can rest assured that your health is in the best of hands.
- Meniere's Disease
- Vestibular Neuritus
- Otolith Dysfunction
- Vestibular Migraine
- Neurovestibular Conditions
- Visual Vertigo
- Cervicogenic Dizziness
- Peadiatric Dizziness
- Mal de Debarguement Syndrome
- Head Injury
What is BPPV?
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) is a vestibular problem and one of the most common causes of vertigo. Vertigo is a spinning sensation, brought on by specific movements of the head, for example when lying down.
Whilst not considered life threatening, BPPV can still affect us dramatically. It can cause nausea and vomiting, trips and falls, and generally disrupt our quality of life. If you notice any of the following symptoms, consider booking a consultation with our specialists.
Symptoms to look out for:
- A sense that you or your surroundings are spinning or moving (vertigo)
- A loss of balance or unsteadiness
The vestibular system, located in the inner ear, is the sensory system that provides us with our sense of balance and spatial orientation. When we have issues with dizziness and balance, a vestibular assessment may be needed to understand the cause of these issues.
A Vestibular assessment may include the following:
- Hearing Test
- Positioning/Repositioning Manoeuvres
- Video Head Impulse Test (vHIT) - Helps diagnose reduction in vestibular function in one ear
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential (VEMP) - Neurophysiological assessment
- Suppression Head IMPulse Test (SHIMP) - Determine the extent of vestibular function
A Neuro-Vestibular Assessment may also include:
- Oculomotor Testing
If you or your child are concerned about hearing, dizziness or balance issues, Ghosh Medical Group and Hypatia Dizziness and Balance clinic have the knowledge, expertise, and dedication to provide you with the best possible diagnosis and treatment.
Book a consultation today.
- A convenient and effective way for you to access private health care services when you need it.
- We can tailor your treatment to your needs
- A range of finance and payment options available
- We offer a friendly, trustworthy and above-all-else familiar service.