Need your results quick? We can offer express turnaround of COVID-19 PCR swab testing.
- All Covid bookings must be before 5pm
- We are not liable for any government changes affecting the appointments for Covid 19 tests after you purchase
- We cannot issue a refund after a day 2 reference number has been sent or used
There are many reasons you may need a private PCR test, notably, if you are wanting to travel, return to the workplace, or if required to attend an event.
Regular testing for the Coronavirus is one of the main ways to halt the spread of the virus and help life get back to normal. If you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19, including a new or continuous cough, loss of smell or taste, or a high temperature, then the recommendation has always been to stay home and get tested.
But tests are required now for a lot more reasons as government agencies look for ways to ensure the health and safety of the people they oversee and the greater community. You may be required to get private PCR testing if:
- You are travelling to another country (including fit-to-fly certificate)
- You are returning from another country
- You need to return to work after being off sick and require a clean bill of health
- You are attending certain social events or larger gatherings
- Your work requires PCR testing
You might also choose to get a PCR test for your own peace of mind if you are concerned about your health or the people around you.
Although PCR testing is available through the NHS, it can be difficult to get to the available locations or you may have difficulty accessing the test when lateral flow tests are more readily available. Travel requirements also mean that if your PCR test is for international travel, then you must get your test through an accredited private medical practice.
Ghosh Medical group offers private PCR testing that is quick and convenient. We offer both in-clinic testing as well as home visits to ensure you can get tested when you need it. Although other medical groups may offer postal services, we know that you need your results to be accurate so we ensure that a trained healthcare worker is the one taking the sample for your test and we can track the sample from source to result. This ensures the highest quality of care and reassurance for you.
Flights and Travel
Almost all airlines and countries now require a recent PCR test to enter the country. This is to help protect you, the people you travel with, and the wider population. This can also include transit countries if you have a flight layover.
Before travelling, you should check the country and airline guidelines and make sure you have all the relevant documents and tests and that you get them within the correct time frame. An old test will not be accepted for a flight, so make sure your fit-to-fly travel certificate is received as close to your flight as possible to avoid delays or cancellations.
You can check for specific requirements and details here if you are unsure.
Flight testing cannot be completed by the NHS and you must present a negative test result from a private healthcare provider. Ghosh Medical Group offers private PCR flight testing to make this process easy and accessible for you.
We are fully registered and accredited to offer fit-to-fly certificates for leaving the country.
Fit to fly:
- Certificates signed by an NHS trained UK General Medical Council (GMC) doctor
- Certifies that you were not infected and carrying the virus at the time of testing
- Certifies that you are a low risk for spreading the infection in your destination country
- Required by most airlines and countries
- Certificates should usually be issued 72 hours or less prior to the flight (check with your airline and destination country in case there are different regulations in place)
Fit to fly PCR tests are mandatory for all flights. Test to release is an opt-in scheme and there is no legal requirement for you to take part in the scheme.
What is PCR Testing?
PCR testing, or polymerase chain reaction tests, are the most reliable method of detecting the live coronavirus in a person. By using a simple swab from the back of your throat and nose, the virus can be detected in a laboratory with very accurate results. The test looks specifically for the live virus, so you won’t know if you were infected in the past, only if you currently have the infection.
PCR testing is especially helpful as many infected people carry the virus without knowing it, this is called being asymptomatic.
Results from the PCR test are quick with an average turnaround time of around 24 hours. Results can be available in as little as 4 hours, however, making this test accurate and convenient. Your results could help you with travel, work, or simply give you quick peace of mind about your health.
What Does the Test Involve?
We want to ensure your safety, health, and peace of mind, which is why we only offer private PCR tests taken by our trained medical staff. You can choose to either come to one of our clinics or arrange for one of our clinicians to travel to you. We offer private PCR tests in Liverpool. In either case, the utmost care is taken to follow all health and safety guidelines and make sure that you feel safe throughout the test.
During the test we will follow a straightforward procedure to get a sample swab and send it for testing:
- We will meet with you and get the relevant personal details needed for completing the test.
- We will ask you how you would like to receive your results and ensure we have the correct contact details
- Our clinician will take a sample from your nose and throat using a swab. Although this may be uncomfortable, it is a painless procedure and is over quickly with no lasting discomfort.
- Your sample will be properly stored and labelled and transported to our laboratories for testing
- Your results will be available the same day, next day or within as little as 4 hours depending on which testing package you choose.
- We offer all of our patients follow-up calls if you want one to discuss your results and answer any questions you might have about the Coronavirus, safety, and tailored PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) solutions for you or your workplace.
PCR tests can be difficult to take from children and most airlines and countries have accounted for this and don’t require tests from children under 11 or 13 (please check the exact requirements for your route). However, if your child needs a PCR test, we are experienced and well equipped to help children stay comfortable during testing. We do not do PCR tests on children under the age of 5.
Booking a Private PCR Test
Book your PCR test quickly and easily by using our online booking form. Visit here to find the right test for you. You can also call us on 0330 200 3338.
What is a PCR swab test?
A PCR test is the most accurate way of testing for the presence of the Coronavirus in an individual. Features of the test include:
- Can detect early and onset infection with the most accuracy
- Directly detects the presence of the virus’ genetic material (RNA)
- Taken via a nasopharyngeal (nose/throat) swab
A PCR swab test would typically be taken when someone suspects they have Covid-19, or if they believe they have been recently exposed to it. The test can however detect Covid-19 even if you are displaying no symptoms so is particularly useful in the case of those looking to fly.
How will a PCR test be beneficial to those hoping to fly? A flight inevitably involves a large number of people in a confined area for a period of time - almost the perfect conditions for the spread of an airborne virus. Some people may be asymptomatic carriers of the disease and therefore unaware that they actually have it before they travel.
Since some airlines are now insisting on a test for all passengers in order to reduce transmission during flights, getting this arranged before you travel can minimise the risk for all passengers and smooth your way through the travel process.
Not only will a Covid PCR test give you peace of mind in knowing that you are not carrying coronavirus without symptoms, but you will have your coronavirus fit to fly certificate that may help you fulfil your destination country’s requirements.
RT-PCR (Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) tests are a new way of providing PCR tests quickly, with highly accurate results. Reverse transcription tests have been used for a long time in detecting other viruses such as the Zika virus, but have only recently been adapted for detecting the Novel Coronavirus. Our RT-PCR tests provide you with same-day results* with the highest level of accuracy.
RT-PCR tests are approved by all airlines for travel and can also be used for the Test to Release scheme for international travel returns.
How the test works
Tests are done in the same way as normal COVID-19 tests, with a swab being used to take a sample from your throat and nose. The process is quick and painless, although you may experience slight discomfort. Any discomfort will ease as soon as the sample is taken.
Samples are carefully labelled and sent to the laboratory where they are analysed for the live COVID-19 virus. Previous tests required more time as results for the active virus were only available at the end of the testing process. The RT-PCR test allows lab technicians to assess results earlier in the process so that you can receive them on the same day as your test.
Excellent service from initial booking to having my test done. Many thanks to all concerned.I would most certainly recommend Ghosh Medical. Thank you 😊
Appointment was a little later than planned but service & attention was great. Very little discomfort when compared with other Covid 19 tests we have had
- A convenient and effective way for you to access private health care services when you need it.
- We can tailor your treatment to your needs
- A range of finance and payment options available
- We offer a friendly, trustworthy and above-all-else familiar service.