If you live in the Manchester area and haven’t had a chance to get a full health check recently, get in touch. It’s so important to keep an eye on our health, both physical and mental. This is especially true as many of us live increasingly sedentary lifestyles or work in shifts which aren’t conducive to great sleep patterns or regular exercise.
Come and see a private GP for a full Health MOT, providing you with the opportunity to:
- Discuss any existing health concerns
- Talk about your current lifestyle choices
- Get help with smoking, drinking, or other habits you’d like to curb
- Find out if you have any risk factors for particular conditions
- Talk about your diet and exercise
When you visit us, it’s a good idea to make a note of anything that’s important for you to get checked out. If you’ve noticed a cough, a pain, or a certain type of mental fatigue or distress, write it down so that you don’t forget to mention it when we are going through the full health check with you.
As well as discussing your own concerns and lifestyle, our experienced doctor will perform a range of checks and examinations to assess your overall health and well being. This includes but is not limited to:
- Blood pressure
- Height and weight plus body mass index if appropriate
- Questionnaires to check for mental health concerns
- Eye, ear, nose and throat checks where appropriate
Of course, everyone is an individual with their own needs and concerns. We understand that and your medical MOT will be tailored to you and your requirements.
Why do we take blood pressure?
On nearly all health checks you should expect to have your blood pressure taken. High blood pressure can be an indication that there is another medical issue we need to discuss. Sometimes it could be as simple as having a diet which is too high in salt or saturated fat. It could be due to a lack of physical activity. For people that have problems with their mobility, one of our doctors may be able to advise different, adapted ways to stay active. If the doctor feels that the blood pressure results indicate something underlying, they may schedule further tests, to be thorough.
Low blood pressure can also be a sign that there is an underlying problem. Talk to the doctor when you have your health check if you have any concerns - they are always happy to answer any medical questions.
What about my mental health?
Signs of depression, anxiety, or fatigue should always be taken seriously, and our doctors are, of course, trained to do just that. Rest assured that everything is dealt with sensitively, and with the utmost discretion. Talk to one of our doctors in confidence about any concerns you have regarding your mental health.
How do I book an appointment?
Give us a call on 0333 200 3338 to book a health check in Manchester, or visit our website for further information.
- A convenient and effective way for you to access private health care services when you need it.
- We can tailor your treatment to your needs
- A range of finance and payment options available
- We offer a friendly, trustworthy and above-all-else familiar service.