Here at Ghosh Medical we offer quick and easy covid tests to ensure you can travel safely.
If you’ve been in a red list country in the 10 days before you arrive in England, once you arrive you must quarantine for 10 days in a quarantine managed hotel.
- South Africa
Who needs a covid-19 PCR test?
- Both vaccinated and unvaccinated after arrival in England.
If you are vaccinated and returning to the UK you are required to take a PCR test on or before your second day in the country. This test is to be booked before you travel. You then need to quarantine as you wait for your result.
If you are not fully vaccinated, upon your return to the UK you are required to take both a day 2 and a day 8 PCR test. These must be booked before your return to the UK and once booked, you will be issued a unique code for your passenger locator form. These tests must be paid for in advance and are non-refundable. If you test negative for the day 2 test then you will not be required to complete the day 8 test but you must continue to complete the required quarantine.
*Please note - Some countries will accept Antigen tests in lieu of PCR tests, refer to government guidelines for more information.
Who needs an Antigen test?
- People who aren't fully vaccinated.
If you are not fully vaccinated an Antigen test must be completed in the three days prior to travelling back to England, costing £35.
*Travel antigen packs that have been previously purchased — prior to 22nd October 2021 will not be a valid alternative for a day 2 test.
*Please note - Some countries still require PCR tests for fully vaccinated travellers, refer to government guidelines for more information.
Who needs to self-isolate?
- Everyone must quarantine whilst waiting for the result of their PCR tests.
- Anyone testing positive will need to isolate in line with government guidelines.
- Anyone returning from a country on the red list, in a quarantine managed hotel.
If you require additional information regarding the individual covid-19 travel test requirements for foreign countries, please follow the link provided.
On your return, please refer to the information on this page.
Checker assumes travel is from an English airport. Rules vary for other nations of the United Kingdom. Data correct as of 12/05/2021 at 15:00.
If ever unsure, please refer to Official Guidance. There may be additional requirements, further to Covid Testing, to enter a country - ensure you are eligible to enter before travel.
Please note: Ghosh Medical Group are not liable for any flight losses and/or external reimbursements should results not be returned within the timescales provided.
- A convenient and effective way for you to access private health care services when you need it.
- We can tailor your treatment to your needs
- A range of finance and payment options available
- We offer a friendly, trustworthy and above-all-else familiar service.