Dr Ayyaz Sultan has joined the Ghosh Medical team in 2021 and is skilled in a wide variety of cardiology services. He qualified in 1999 and brings more than 20 years of experience to our Liverpool clinic.
Dr Sultan completed training in general and interventional cardiology at Sheffield NHS Trust Hospitals in 2013. He completed an interventional cardiology fellowship at the University of Western Ontario, London, Canada.
He was appointed Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Hospitals and Honorary Senior Lecturer to University of Manchester in 2016.
Dr Sultan, as a senior interventionalist, became Cardiac catheter lab/PCI Lead at Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Hospitals in 2016. Academic Profile From the outset of his career, Dr Sultan has been very passionate about teaching. He has acquired postgraduate diploma in clinical education and have secured honorary lecturer position at University of Manchester.
He is responsible for medical students from University of Manchester, junior doctors, cardiology registrar and mentor for Non-Medical prescribing course for Nurses as a Clinical & Educational supervisor.
Dr Sultan is a Principal Investigator for several international trials including ODDYSSEY, DAL-GENE, EURO-ASPIRE and ETNA-DUS trials and chairs monthly local cardiology research meeting. Dr Sultan has authored several peer-reviewed articles and book chapters
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow
- Fellow, American Heart Association
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Member, Royal College of Physicians of London
- Member, British Society of Cardiology
- Member, European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Intervention
- Member, British Society of Cardiovascular Intervention
Dr Sultan has attained broad and comprehensive clinical and managerial skills to provide consultations for a wide range of common cardiac problems including:
- Angina (chest pain)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart failure
- heart murmur
- Referrals for investigation of shortness of breath
- Dizzy spells and collapse
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Perioperative cardiac assessment and treatment of elevated cholesterol levels
- Assessment and treatment of coronary artery disease or angina,
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (angioplasty and stenting)
- Abnormal cholesterol
- Heart failure and palpitations