Are you suffering with excessive sweating? Is it causing you discomfort or embarassment?
Ghosh Medical can help.
What is Hyperhidrosis?
Sweating is necessary to control body temperature during times of exercise and in warm/hot surroundings, and is a normal response to a rise in temperature or anxiety. Sweating is regulated by the sympathetic nervous system. In about 1% of the population, this system is revved-up and works at a very high level, causing sweating to occur at inappropriate times, far in excess of the amount necessary to maintain normal body temperature. It can occur in many different areas of the body, and the condition is known as Hyperhidrosis, which means ‘excessive sweating’.
How Does The Treatment Work?
Prescription medicine is injected into the problem area. It works at the neuromuscular junction by blocking the transmission of signals from the nerve ending to the targeted sweat glands. When the sweat glands don’t receive chemical signals, the severe sweating stops.
Sweat continues to be produced elsewhere. Your sweat doesn’t go anywhere or get backed up because the sweat simply is not produced in the areas treated. However, the rest of your body will produce moisture normally.
The actual treatment takes about 10 to 15 minutes. A small amount of diluted solution is injected into the affected area through a very fine needle placed just under the skin in order to minimise discomfort and maximise accuracy.
Reduced wrinkle prescribed products are the most commonly used to reduce wrinkles on the face but can be used to reduce excessive sweating of the armpits and palms of hands.
Book a Consultation
- The treatment is not a cure; your symptoms will return gradually, and you will know when the time is right for another treatment.
- Results typically last around 6 months.
- Small areas of redness at the treatment site
- Lasting 2-3 hours
- Dull heavy sensation
All possibilities will be explained in detail before any treatment takes place.
|Hyperhidrosis Consultation with Susan Ghosh||£400|
- A convenient and effective way for you to access private health care services when you need it.
- We can tailor your treatment to your needs
- A range of finance and payment options available
- We offer a friendly, trustworthy and above-all-else familiar service.