What Are Dermal Fillers?
A great way to boost your confidence, dermal fillers are an excellent way to achieve a subtle, long lasting improvement to your appearance.
We inject a gel like substance, called hyaluronic acid, into the skin to smooth it out and plump it up. Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally within the skin and is a common ingredient in face creams, masks and vitamin supplements. Fillers stretch out the skin and leave it looking smoother once injected.
Hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and lines and promoted healing for scarred and damaged tissue. The popularity of dermal fillers comes from their natural look, as the skin retains moisture for a subtle effect.
Dermal fillers hydrate the skin from the inside out. Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water, so you get younger, fresher looking skin alongside a more pleasing appearance.
As hyaluronic acid is a substance produced naturally in the body, making dermal fillers and easily accepted and incredibly safe treatment. The body slowly and naturally breaks down fillers over the course of several months.
The lips are one of the most common areas to choose to have dermal fillers, where they plump them up to appear fuller, younger and rejuvenated. Dermal fillers enhance the natural fullness of the skin, in contrast to botox, which relaxes muscles around the skin.
How Does The Treatment Work?
We start by using an anaesthetic cream to numb your skin, after which a medical practitioner will administer one or more injections. You'll see an instant plumping and smoothing effect as a small amount of the filler gel goes directly into the skin.
It is essential you trust a licensed professional with your dermal fillers, as mistakes in the process can lead to uneven results and a risk of infection.
Lip Fillers Liverpool
Clients getting lip fillers in our Liverpool clinic may need to occasionally return for top up appointments to maintain the effect. Because hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance, the body breaks it down over time.
if desired, the breakdown process can be sped up by injecting an enzyme that works t remove filler quickly. However, this is not something we se much demand for as our dermal fillers are natural and subtle in appearance.
Lip fillers are a popular aesthetic treatment in Liverpool and usually require a top up every 6 to 12 months.
What Can Be Treated?
Dermal fillers can be injected into any part of the face, though they are most commonly requested as lip fillers. Liverpool clients seeking fuller, plumper lips will use injectable fillers to achieve that effect. Other common uses for fillers are:
- Correcting and enhancing facial contours, including nose, chin, cheeks, jawline, and temple
- Defining, enhancing, or correcting lip shape and structure
- Softening the appearance of wrinkles and lines
- Filling out cheeks and enhancing natural cheekbone structures
- Restoring volume lost to ageing and reducing the appearance of visible veins and tendons
- Improving the tone and texture of the skin by hydrating the skin
How Long Does The Treatment Take?
A typical dermal filler procedure in Liverpool will usually take between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on the area of the face being treated. Injections are given, which will then be massaged. You may feel slight discomfort during the procedure, but it should not be painful.
How Long Should I Expect For The Treatment To Have An Effect?
There may be some redness, swelling, bruising, or tenderness after dermal filler or lip filler, but this will usually go within a few days and the results will be visible immediately with continued improvement over the next few weeks.
Most people are able to return to their normal routine on the day of their treatment, depending on how the body acts in response to the chemical used and the area treated.
Dermal fillers can last between 6-18 months depending on the treatment area and the body’s response to the treatment. It is safe to have treatments once the last one has broken down into the body, so you can safely book refresher treatments when you feel the need.
What Precautions Should I Take After Dermal Filler Treatment (Aftercare)?
Following dermal filler or lip filler procedure in Liverpool you will be advised about what to do to help reduce the risk of side effects, but the following should give you an idea of what precautions to expect to follow:
- Reduce any swelling using a cold compress.
- In the first 24 hours following treatment, limit exposure to sunlight.
- Avoid wearing make-up for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours
- Avoid taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Avoid excessive touching or massaging of the treated areas for about 6 hours
- Try to sleep on your back the first few nights after the procedure, it may be helpful to use pillows to prevent you from rolling over
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid sunbeds and saunas for 2 weeks
Swelling around the treatment area may worsen in the first 24 hours, but it should go down within a few days. The final result will usually take around 2 weeks to become clear.
- A convenient and effective way for you to access private health care services when you need it.
- We can tailor your treatment to your needs
- A range of finance and payment options available
- We offer a friendly, trustworthy and above-all-else familiar service.